Our contact details
Name: BoA Business Network Limited (company no. 12278777)
Registered office: 37A Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JX
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Business/company name
- Business address
- Business email address
- Business landline telephone
- Mobile telephone
- Business website
- Twitter handle
- Instagram url
- Facebook business url
- Type of business
- engineering and manufacturing
- retail & hospitality
- marketing, PR and communications
- digital services and telecommunications
- environment & climate change
- built environment (inc. architecture, planning, etc)
- professional and other business services
- public sector.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- to communicate with you concerning networking, training, other events and information relating to BoA Business Networking Limited and its work in promoting the business community of Bradford on Avon and its neighbouring villages.
- specifically, to provide members and the general public with an online database of businesses operating in Bradford on Avon and neighbouring villages.
We may also use personal information found legally in the public domain which will enable BoA Business Network Limited to fulfil its work in promoting the business community of Bradford on Avon and its neighbouring villages and in keeping the database up-to-date.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Chair of BoA Business Network limited (email@example.com). You can find the name of the current Chair via the website at boabusinessnetwork.org.uk.
- We have a legitimate interest.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order:
- to communicate with you concerning networking, training, other events and information relating to BoA Business Network Limited and its work in promoting the business community of Bradford on Avon and its neighbouring villages.
- specifically, to provide members, the wider business community and the general public with an online database of businesses operating in Bradford on Avon and neighbouring villages.
We may share information you have provided and that is on the online database with other organisations and/or individuals. However, we will never sell your data nor use it for purposes other than those defined above without seeking your approval.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored online. We keep the information detailed above so long as BoA Business Network maintains a database in line with its principal purpose as a networking organisation founded to bring together and, at times, represent businesses located in Bradford on Avon and surrounding villages. If this role ends, or if your business is closed or if you so request, we will dispose of your information by electronic deletion and removal from printed or written lists as soon as practicable.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us by mail at 37A Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JX or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. The telephone helpline number is: 0303 123 1113.